With the days getting darker, wetter and colder, why not sign up to take part in some extra curricular activities?
Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, numbers are limited and are first come, first served. Sign up in the dining hall at break time
There are some measures we need to put in place to ensure the safe running of these clubs.
- Maximum numbers will be strictly controlled and will be decided beforehand.
- There will be a sign up sheet for each club in the assembly hall at breaktimes. Pupils attending the LGBTQ+ Diversity group will not be expected to sign up and can collect a permission slip from Mx Collins
- Pupils will be given a slip which gives them permission to come into school at lunch.
- Individual registers will need to be taken at each group.
- All COVID guidelines must be followed.
You will need login information for this – details are in your Library Google Classrooms!
Northfield Academy Summer Holiday Reading Challenge –
Can you work together to crack the target of 5000 reads over the summer holidays?
That works out about 8 books per pupils, over five weeks.
On your marks, get set, Read
Student Advice & Support Team Summer Transition Support Events
The Student Advice & Support Team will be hosting online events throughout July and August for applicants on mainstream courses who have additional support needs, including those who are Care Experienced or are Young Carers, and would benefit from a supported transition to College. We also recognise that the current circumstances and prospective blended learning approach may exacerbate some anxieties and pose new challenges.
Ready, Steady, Study! will allow applicants to meet the Student Advice & Support Team, provide an opportunity to address any queries they have before they begin their course, and provide them with some essential skills in order to ensure their transition is as smooth as possible.
The sessions will include:
- An opportunity to meet with other applicants and with staff
- Group exercises, discussions and team working
- Virtual Campus Tours
- Introduction to Study Skills
- Introduction to Money Management
- And more…
Should you have any applicants, who have either a conditional or full offer to attend College, who you feel would benefit from attending one of our Ready, Steady Study! events and/or meeting with the SAST to discuss their support needs ahead of commencing College, please contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Cara MacKenzie on behalf of the Student Advice & Support Team