The SQA Post Results service is available to centres after results day on 6 August 2019.
If a centre is concerned by a candidate’s result in a subject, it can request a clerical check and/or a marking review of the candidate’s submissions for that subject.
If you would like further information or to request a marking review or clerical check e-mail Northfield’s SQA co-ordinator Mr Craig – email@example.com
Mr Craig will also be available as follows if you would like to phone the school (01224 699715) to discuss any issues relating to SQA results and post results services:
- 9am to 11am on Tuesday the 6th of August
- 10am to noon on Thursday the 8th of August
Criteria for Post-results service – (See full policy attached)
In line with SQA guidance Northfield Academy must ensure that access to the Post-Results Service is done in a fair, equitable and consistent manner.
- Northfield Academy will only submit a Post-results Service requests where we are of the view that the candidate’s certificated grade is at odds with the assessment evidence gathered during the course, and that it is out of line with the performance of other candidates with similar profiles.
- The decision on whether to submit a request will take into account all of the candidate’s work during the year and is not based solely on the estimate grade.
- Post-results service requests will be considered where the candidate’s certificated grade is at least 2 bands lower than predicted based on the totality of assessment evidence for the course.
- The final decision on whether to submit Post-results service requests will be taken by the Head Teacher in liaison with the SQA Co-ordinator and the relevant Faculty Head.
Parents and pupils are advised that Post Results-service requests will not be made for any of the following reasons:-
- a candidate’s entry to college or university is dependent on a re-grade
- a candidate’s component marks place their result close to a grade boundary
- the candidate or their parents offer to pay any costs arising from the request
Parents and pupils are also advised that a Clerical Check or Marking Review can lead to a change of grade either up or down.
|Post-results Services open||6 August 2019|
|Priority marking review request deadline (for candidates with a current conditional university/college offer)||16 August 2019|
|Results of priority marking reviews||26 August 2019|
|Marking review and clerical check deadline||27 August 2019|
|Results of clerical checks and marking reviews||27 September 2019|
SQA will charge Northfield Academy for all Post-results Service requests where the candidate’s grade remains unchanged following the clerical check and/or marking review. These costs are met by the school.
If would like further information on the SQA Post-results service please see the SQA website